Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Love Trapper Keepers~


   Hello friends!

   Today I'm going to talk about the latest crazy obsession of mine, Trapper Keepers!

   For those of you who are too young to remember Trapper Keepers, (I'm also in this group haha) a Trapper Keeper was much like a normal ring binder that you take to school to carry notes and books in. However a lot of the time, if you dropped your binder all of your notes would come spilling out. It's a problem that plagues many students even today.

   In comes the hero, the Trapper Keeper!





   Trapper Keepers were first launched in 1978 by the Mead Corporation and were extremely popular among American students from the 80's through to the 90's. Basically, they were designed by using students feedback and made so that you could store notes, books, note pads, pencils and anything else you need for school without them constantly falling out. Also unlike other ring binders at the time, they had a flap that closed over the side opening to further protect your precious homework. They also had sliding rings instead of the old fashioned snap rings which meant no pinched fingers and also quick and easy interchange of books that you'd need for your upcoming subjects. But mainly Trapper Keepers were used as a form of self expression!

   In 1988 Mead introduced the "Designer Series" of Trapper Keepers featuring amazing artworks over the entire cover of the trapper keeper a lot of which were typical geometric, neon, airbrushed 80's designs, some featuring unicorns, pegasus and other amazing themes. (So good~) They even got licensing rights from many different companies to use their characters on their products, some of which include Lamborghini, Nintendo, SEGA, Garfield and my personal favorite, Lisa Frank!

   I feel like this post has gotten too long already so if you like you can read the history of Trapper Keepers here! And now I'd like to show you a few of my favorite designs for Trapper Keepers, I really wish that they still made them like this, the new Trapper Keepers are ugly and boring! (Mead are you listening??!)


I love this swan design even though it's not full cover.

Just a basic design but I really love the colors!
I super super love this one, it's also one of the most sought after!
Lisa Frank bubble kittens! This is my favorite Lisa Frank design~
My ultimate dream Trapper Keeper~ ♥
Lisa Frank ballerina bunnies. Ballet and bunnies, what could be better??
This beach theme is just so cute~ *secret* I'm actually a huge beach bum. ♥
More Lisa Frank featuring Markie!
   That's all I have to talk about for now~
See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are so cool! I love the swan one ♡♡♡

    http://tiffykissu.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete