Wednesday, January 30, 2013

80's Barbie Dress!

Hey all! Long time no see! I know I say this every time, but truthfully I have been VERY busy lately~

My boyfriend is visiting from Canada so I've been spending all of my time travelling with him and not doing much else. We traveled to Perth for New Years and then to Adelaide! (Which was totally awesome~)





But anyway! I did manage to find some time (and motivation) to make my first dress that I've sewn in ages. It's really gotten my confidence up with my sewing abilities.

I got this fabric purely out of love for the colors and design and had no idea what I was going to do with it. I just knew that I wanted it. Browsing tumblr I suddenly came across a picture of Barbie birthday cards that came with a dress for Barbie attached from the 80s/90s.

I then set out creating ideas in my head of exactly how I wanted to do it, because of course I didn't want to copy the Barbie dress exactly! While browsing through Tilly's vast collection of patterns I found an 80s evening dress pattern which with some shortening of the hem line would be just perfect.

And thus my creation was born! (Which I wore to the zoo today)


And view of the back, dat 80's V back.





Isn't it Spank!eriffic? The lace on the collar is iridescent as well. Ahh! The sash is just a piece of organza with little sparkle dots on it that I tied into a bow as I rushed out of the door this morning.

I have a lot of upcoming things planned to I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Until next time Sugar Dolls!

8 comments:

  1. Hiya I have just nominated you for a Liebster award! you can check my blog for more details
    http://xkawaiicutiex.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/nominated-for-liebster-award.html
    http://xkawaiicutiex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the mixture of beautiful colors! I love your blog! Specially the photos because they are so detailed and clear, I can really understand about your post. I followed you on GFC! Maybe you can come by mine too and maybe follow each other? :) Thank you for this post! I can't wait to read more of your posts. More power to you!

    XOXO
    Your new follower,
    www.MusingsofaMakeupMaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah thats ridiculously fun and cute ^__^ i nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Have a look on my blog for more info
    http://rufflesgazebo.blogspot.com.au/

    xo Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que linda parece uma boneca ^^

    (⁀‵⁀) ∞ ღ ∞
    .`⋎´ღ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•ღ

    ▓ ღღ Dany's Place
    ▓ ღღ Tutorial
    ___________________
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓( ᐵ ᗜ ᑈ)ᘉ

    ReplyDelete
  5. this candy dress is OUTSTANDING! and you made it yourself? this is really impressive!
    [www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is so chic and cute! i LOVE it (:
    follow

    xxo

    WWW.PHOTOGENICI.COM

    ReplyDelete